God it makes me so angry when overpriced, overhyped mascara grossly underperforms.
So angry that I’m reviving SoLoverly which has been slumbering happily for over a year now to warn people not to buy this travesty of over-marketing.
Maybe it works for girls with naturally long, curly lashes, but let’s face it, what doesn’t?
Here’s what’s wrong with it:
- It’s too wet, it takes forever to dry. Sneeze 5 minutes after you’ve applied it and voila you’ve ruined your eye makeup.
- You definitely DEFINITELY need an eye curler
- If you don’t scrape it off properly, you’ll have a bad eyelash day. No. Really.
- It smudges. Smuuudges.
- It doesn’t lengthen at all or voluminise much.
- I get better results from ZA and even Maybelline. So WHY am I paying US$24 for this thing?
- It’s even more expensive out of the US. Urgh!
Yes Benefit. You and me. We’re breaking up right here, right now. You've failed to deliver on too many promises.