November 24, 2010

Wonderful: Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil

I don't know if you remember Shiseido's TISS Deep Off cleansing oil? Priced at RM39, it was my introduction to cleansing oils. When it ceased to be available I tried other affordable alternatives, like Kanebo Freshel White C and even Maybelline's cleansing oil. But not only were these less effective, they broke me out. So I went back to using a cream remover (Neutrogena's Deep Clean Lotion) and separate eye makeup remover. Yes I love Shu Uemuera's cleansing oils, but for me, they're too expensive for daily use. 

Then I went on my trip to Japan and impulse bought this bottle of cleansing oil in a 7 Eleven (of all places). Priced at about RM20, I didn't really have much hope for it, but harboured visions of finally having an affordable cleansing oil that worked for me. Well guess what? It does work wonderfully for me. And of course, it's not available in Malaysia. *WAILS*

Usage
I love using this at the end of a really long day when I can't be bothered to mess around with seperate removers and just want to take all my makeup off in one easy step. This makes it just about every day but the weekends when I use Neutrogena again because it really is a great deep cleanser and helps keep my skin clearer in the long-run. 

Like any cleansing oil, you apply it with dry hands on a dry face and massage it in gently. Two pumps takes of all my waterproof Revlon Colorstay foundation and waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Wonderful! A quick double cleanse with trusty Johnson's Head to Toe and I'm squeaky clean with absolutely no makeup residue left. 

Texture
I love this oil because it feels light and yet dissolves all my makeup easily. It has no noticeable scent and one bottle will likely last me about 3-4 months with near daily use. 

Conclusion
I've already gotten a colleague who went back to Japan to buy me another bottle to hold in reserve. After which I will probably be ordering from Sasa providing they've bucked up their service levels or beg anyone heading Hong Kong-wards to buy me some. I LOVE this and  wish they'd bring it into Malaysia at the same wonderful price point. I'm considering giving Biore's offering a whirl when I run out of the first bottle, but if I had my way I'd have an endless supply of this one. *sighs*

4 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

I'm using the white one and I'm on to my 2nd bottle with one more reserved. hehe. I'm definitely keen on getting this version next!

plue said...

sigh, when you mentioned Tiss, it was actually going to be my first cleansing oil. But back then I was in Pahang with no access to Watsons and such, and can only go to KL during school breaks (yes, I was that vain!), but alas, by the time school hols came, Tiss was discontinued.

But surprisingly, TISS has been brought back! I saw them on ads on TW magazines, with 2 versions, one blue one yellow :)

and i really need to start using my Yellow/White Softymo (i really can't remember which variant I got!)

The Undercover Gypsy said...

I love cleansing oils and have been reading only great reviews about Kose Softymo, so shall hunt it down now. I really hope Sasa will get their act together soon... Thanks for the review :)
The Biore oil is a good cleanser, I've never had problems using it, but my current fave is the Muji cleansing oil (for normal skin) - pure perfection!

AskMeWhats said...

*notes down on brand name*, I think I saw this in HK way back when I visited? I will definitely give this a test once I've seen this around. I bought a couple from Korea as I love cleansing oils!