October 05, 2011

Revlon Colourburst Lipstick in Raspberry

Raspberry is easily the most popular shade in the Colourstay lipstick range here in Sabah. I fell in love with it when it was first released months ago but it was completely sold out at the Watsons’ outlet I was at. And the next outlet. And the next. Aaaand the next. It took me 2 weeks to finally track down a tube at the tiny Watsons’ outlet near my place. The sales boy remembered seeing a tube in the storeroom and came out with the very last tube of Raspberry in stock. Lesson of the day, girls: Always make friends with your local sales staff.
Enough has been said about the Colourburst lipstick range so I am just going to focus on the shade alone.

Raspberry looks exactly as its name suggests. It’s a dark pinkish red which looks great against darker skin tones. What really kills it for me though is that Revlon somehow managed to work in that hint of purple which dark raspberries have, making this a true raspberry shade. It is actually a lot more raspberry-er in real life but it has been so cloudy lately, all of my pictures are getting messed up.

My only grouse is that I have either picked up a faulty tube or the formula is waaay too soft for our warm Malaysian weather. The tube keeps doing a Tower of Pisa on me and I swear that you can actually see this melting before your eyes on some days.

Revlon Colourburst lipsticks retail for RM39 but they go on sale quite often for RM32.90.

2 comments:

Fay. H. said...

Hello! Your Canadian follower here! ;-)
No, you didn't pick up a faulty lipstick. Revlon's colorburst lipsticks is well known for being soft. Even over here in the colder months of Canada, they still topple over.
I find the best way to preserve the shape is to apply with a brush instead of directly to the lips, because sometimes we might apply the lipstick too hard and it snaps =(
Thanks for sharing!

ksuan said...

Hey Eli,

Fay H. is right! I'm ultra careful using my Revlon Colorburst because it's so soft and the least bit of accidental pressure can push it out of shape.

The colour payoff more than makes up for this though :)